You know that old saying that cobbler’s kids always have shoes badly in need of repair? The cobbler is so busy mending the shoes of others that they don’t have time to repair those of their own family.
Well, that’s kind of how I’ve been feeling lately about adding new marketing related blog posts to my blog. I’m sorely in need of new content.
So, for lack of time, I’m going to cheat a little. I’m going to borrow some shoes that I’ve already mended so to speak. Here’s a list of some marketing blog posts that I’ve recently written for the company I work for, ActiveEdge. If you don’t follow their RSS blog feed and haven’t already read them, then this will be like new content. Lame I know, but hey, better than not sharing anything, right?
- Should Your Small Business Be Using Social Media? Small businesses just like yours are flocking to Social Media in hoards and are satisfied with the results.
- Organic Vs. Paid Search (PPC) Organic vs. paid search marketing. The opportunity from organic search is 5.66x that of paid search. Paid search returns a more immediate return but is fleeting.
- Email Marketing Gets A Bum Wrap In addition to being ROI friendly, email marketing has tremendous flexibility in how it is used as a tool. What’s more, it can be used alone or in combination with other media to boost campaign effectiveness.
- Make Gains While Others Lose Ground Marketing. Even in poor markets there are businesses that prosper. Monitor the market in search of sector and regional opportunities to make gains while others lose ground.
- Pareto’s Principle (Good Old Fashioned 80/20 Rule) Apply the time tested Pareto Principle to uncover potential revenue for your company. Expose top customer performers and potential top performers.
- Make it Easy for Customers to Do Business With You People do business with companies that make the encounter an easy and pleasurable one. Here are four things to consider when simplifying customer interactions.
I promise to add more original content again soon.